Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A chip off the old block?

It's about 2:30am and I can't go to sleep. Keep thinking about my son, and how great parents Tamara and I are gonna be. It's all surreal right now.

I keep looking at him and the more I do, the more I saw Tamara... But when I saw this old pic of me taken back on 4/23/73, my mind started to change a little.






I'm on the left @ 2 hours old (4/23/1973) and our son is on the right @ 5 minutes old (4/7/2009). I want you to see baby photos of Tamara, but will have to wait until we get released from the hospital to find them.

Does he look like his old man or what?

Rest tight little one, we got a big day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Son, I can't sleep either. It's about 2:45am on the 8th and I just had to look at him one more time before I nod off to sleep. He looks like Trey right now, but will show familial resemblances as he gets older and his features smooth out. Remember he has been in liquid for 37 weeks, so his skin will change, so will his facial features. One thing I will say..."His mouth is big enough to put an egg in it." Once upon a time that statement was made by a grandmother at Baylor Hospital in Dallas about a little one who had just entered the world.

    He seems to resemble the newborn picture of that long ago baby. In a month, he will look nothing like his newborn photo, but for right now, I think he looks like you did, my son, on your first day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better get all the sleep you can handle Bruh. hahaha

    ReplyDelete